* the sirens - we have heard them in tel aviv before but theyre pretty fresh on the scene..
* the explosions - also have had a couple before but not as many as during this war..
* war planes - also not new but they certainly woke me up this morning..
* absence of street life sounds - very rare..
* the birds and cars - they sound louder as the urban hum has weakened..
* cries of bored children..
* the locking mechanism of our security room..
* the echoes of my thoughts in my mind at hours im used to reserving for sleep..